Are you wondering how to know my ring size while ordering rings from the best jewelry stores? Ordering a ring online or offline can be tricky if you don’t know your correct ring size. However, it is not always convenient to make an appointment with a jeweler to get a more precise measurement. Do not worry, you can easily do this task pretty accurately at home. In today’s post, I teach you how to know my ring size at home. Fortunately, there are plenty of at-home tricks and tools that you can use for the best results. Let’s now learn how to know my ring size.
How To Know My Ring Size?
By using the following methods, you can easily learn how to know my ring size.
- By Using A Measuring Tape
- By Using A Ruler
- By Using A String
- By Using A Paper Ring Sizer
- By Using Your Own Ring
- By Using A Ring Sizing Chart
Different countries have a different systems of numbers or letters to define the standard of measuring the ring. So getting the right ring size is very important as you can’t risk losing it because of the imperfect fit. Without wasting much time, let’s see how to know my ring size US.
Different Ways To Know Ring Size
In this section, we will discuss how to know my ring size in detail.
By Using A Measuring Tape
The simplest way to figure out your or your loved one’s ring size is by using a measuring tape. You can follow these steps to know how to use a measuring tape to know the ring size.
- First, wrap the measuring tape close to the knuckle which is the thickest part of your finger.
- Now, mark the first overlap with a pen or marker.
- Unwrap the tape from your finger to record this measurement.
- Then, compare these measurements with a sizing chart to find your ring size.
Make sure you don’t wrap the tape too tightly. Just aim for a snug but comfortable fit. Let us now check out how to know my ring size in cm.
By Using A Ruler
Do not worry, if you don’t have a measuring tape in your house. You can follow these steps to know how to get your ring size with a ruler.
- Wrap masking tape on the thickest part of your finger (knuckle).
- Mark the first overlap with a pen or marker.
- Now, unwrap the tape and place it on a flat surface.
- Record the measurement where the tape overlaps using a ruler.
- Then, compare these measurements with a sizing chart to find your ring size.
Remember that if your measurement falls between two sizes, always go for the largest size.
By Using A String
Another simplest approach you can consider to measure a ring size is using a string. Follow these steps if you want to know how this hack works.
- Take a string and wrap it around the base of your finger.
- Then, mark the first overlap of the string with a pen or marker.
- Unwrap to straighten out the string and place it on a flat surface.
- Record this measurement with a ruler.
- Now, compare these measurements with a sizing chart to find your ring size.
Instead of string, you can also use dental floss to find your ring size. Make sure you don’t pull the string or floss harshly.
By Using A Paper Ring Sizer
A paper ring sizer can also be used to find your ring size. Follow these steps to learn how to know my ring size by using a paper ring sizer.
- Purchase a paper ring sizer from an offline or online store.
- You can also print out a paper ring sizer at home using your computer.
- Cut out the ring sizer after printing it.
- Make sure you cut a slit for a slot.
- Wrap this paper ring sizer around the base of your finger.
- Pull the pointed end through the slot until the sizer is snug.
- Now, the number aligned with the slot is your ring size.
During this method, ensure the numbers face outward for easy reading.
Keep on reading further to know more about how to know my ring size.
Click here – How To Know If Bacon Is Bad?
By Using Your Own Ring
You must have at least one ring that fits you very well. So, you can use a ruler to measure the inside of this ring and get your ring size. Just take your ruler and measure straight across the inside of the ring from edge to edge. If you are taking the measurement in millimeters, use the conversion chart to find your ring size.
By Using A Ring Sizing Chart
Many online jewelry retailers offer printable ring sizing charts that offer different ring sizes. You can follow these steps to know how to find my finger size for the ring using a sizing chart.
- First, choose a ring that fits you perfectly.
- Print a ring size chart and place your ring on the circles.
- Make sure the circle matches the inside of the ring for the perfect fit.
- Once you find the closest match, note down the ring number.
Keep in mind that you don’t match the circle up with the outside of the ring. Otherwise, you will end up picking the larger size.
You can find different ring sizer tools in the market also. This includes ring mandrels and sticks, ring clamps, ring and finger gauges, sizers, and benders. The average ring size for women is size 3 to size 9. Size 5, 6, and 7 is the most commonly purchased ring size. However, the average ring size for men is between size 8 to 10-½. The size 9 is the most commonly purchased ring size.
Tips To Choose The Correct Ring Size
Till now, I hope you have understood how to know my ring size. The following tips can help you to choose the correct ring size.
- Always measure the inside of another ring that fits you.
- Make sure the ring fits your finger comfortably so it won’t fall off.
- If the knuckle is bigger than the base of the finger, you can measure both places and pick a size in between the two.
- Keep in mind that your finger size changes depending on the time of the day and the weather.
- You must take the measurements 3 to 4 times for more accuracy.
Find some more interesting facts about different topics on Knowcoz
How Do You Know What Size Ring Will Fit You?
Always ensure the rug is at least wider than the couch to comfortably fit the rest of the furniture and space. Leave floor space around the perimeter of the rug. This will avoid making the room appear smaller than it is. The rule of thumb is to leave a 12-inch to 18-inch perimeter.
Is A Size 8 Ring Big For A Woman?
Average Woman’s Ring Size
You can see that approximately half of women’s ring sizes were between 6 and 8 with 7 being the most popular size. Whole sizes are more popular than half sizes and rings range from a tiny size 3 up to size 11.5.
Is Ring Size Same As Shoe Size?
The truth: shoe sizes and ring sizes have no connection to each other – any similarities are pure lucky coincidence.
Is Ring Size The Same On Every Finger?
If you know the size of one finger but need a different finger’s size, a general rule of thumb is: going from pinky to thumb, each finger is about one size larger than the previous one. The same finger on your dominant hand will be about 0.5 size larger than the corresponding finger on your non-dominant hand.
Click here – How To Know If Chicken Is Bad?
How Big Is A Size 7 Ring?
The most common ring sizes for women are 6 (16.5 mm), 6.5 (16.9mm), and 7 (17.3 mm), while the most common men’s sizes are 10 (19.8mm), 10.5 (20.2 mm), and 11 (20.6 mm).
Is Your Ring Size The Same As Your Shoe Size?
Is Her ring size the same as her shoe size? We hear this one surprisingly a lot! The truth: shoe sizes and ring sizes have no connection to each other – any similarities are pure lucky coincidence.
Is A Ring Size 7 Too Big?
The average ring size for women is between 5 and 7 and between 10 and 11 for men, but it’s always best to get an exact ring measurement before spending a lot of money—an engagement ring isn’t cheap.
What Is Indian Finger Ring Size?
Keep in mind the average ring size range for women is between 9 and 14 (India), while sizes commonly range from 17 to 22 (India) for men.
In the above post, I’ve discussed how to know my finger ring size in detail. Rings that are too large in size may accidentally fall off. It can constantly rotate around the finger making them difficult to wear and enjoy. For the best possible fit, I recommend you to use masking tape or measuring tape to your ring size. You can also wrap a string or dental floss around the base of your finger and measure it with a ruler. Once you understand how to know my ring size, you easily find a size that feels right!
How can I find my ring size at home
How do you find a ring size?