Apple users often wonder how to know if Apple Watch is charging. Apple Watch is the ultimate device for a healthy life and is loaded with useful features. This device operates in conjunction with the user’s iPhone for functions. The Apple Watch doesn’t take long to charge but it’s important to check if it’s actually getting charged. In today’s post, I will show you how to know if an Apple Watch is charging. It happens that the watch is on the charger and your charger isn’t giving your watch any power. You can keep on reading to find out how to know if Apple Watch is charging.
How To Know If Apple Watch Is Charging?
In this section, I will teach you how to know if Apple Watch is charging. Many Apple users find their Apple Watch won’t charge and return the device to Apple for a replacement.
Follow these steps to learn how to know if your Apple Watch is charging.
- First, connect your Apple Watch to its charging cable.
- Now, turn on the power supply.
- Press the side button to make the watch face appear.
- Your device will play a chime as soon as the charging begins.
- On your device screen, you’ll see a green-colored lightning bolt symbol.
The lightning bolt symbol clearly indicates that your watch is charging. Wherever your Apple Watch requires charging, a red-colored lightning bolt appears on the screen. Once you put the device for charging, this red-colored lightning bolt will turn green or yellow in color.
Now, you must be wondering how to know if Apple Watch is charging when dead. When the device is dead, it will take a little time to build up enough power. Your device screen will be blank and won’t display the lightning bolt icon immediately. So, how to know if dead Apple Watch is charging? You have to charge your watch for a couple of minutes so that a red lightning bolt appears. When you charge your watch for up to 30 minutes, the red lightning bolt will change to green!
Simply follow the same procedure when it comes to how to know if Apple Watch is charging is original.
Let us now check out how to know if Apple Watch is fully charged.
Check Apple Watch Battery From iPhone
You can also check the battery of your Apple Watch even if it is charging. Follow these steps to learn how to check the battery of the Apple Watch from your iPhone.
- Before you start, put your Apple Watch on charge.
- On your iPhone, swipe right from your Home Screen.
- This will open up the Today View screen.
- Here, scroll down till you see the Batteries widget.
- Now, a small lightning icon will appear at the top of the charging ring.
Over here, you’ll see the battery of your Apple Watch.
Tips To Troubleshoot Apple Watch
By far, I hope you’ve understood how to know if Apple Watch is charging is working. Do not worry, if you’re having issues with your Apple Watch. There can be a few minor problems that could be the reason your watch won’t charge.
Here are a few tips you can consider to troubleshoot your Apple Watch.
- Check the power supply connections that you used to put your Apple charging disk.
- Ensure the cord is properly plugged in on both ends as it can break the charging connection.
- Using damaged cords or charging disks can keep your watch away from charging correctly.
- Try to replace the damaged charging cables with the original ones and try charging the device again.
- You can even reset the watch on the charger to fill any minor problem.
- Dirt and debris can easily get accumulated in the charger and watch. You can remove any dirt that’s present by cleaning the watch’s back and the charging disk.
- Restart the device and then try charging it again to clear out any software errors.
After trying all these hacks, put your Apple Watch back on the charger.
Find some more interesting facts about different topics on Knowcoz
How Do I Know If My Apple Watch Is Charging When Dead?
Once the watch connects to the charger, a green lightning bolt will appear on the screen for a few seconds to let you know the watch is charging. If you don’t see this, your watch did not start charging, and you should follow the troubleshooting steps above.
Why My Apple Watch Is Not Charging?
Try Another Apple Watch Charging Cable
There are a couple steps you’ll want to take to fully troubleshoot your Apple Watch’s charging cable: Clean any dirt or debris off of your Apple Watch and charging cable. Clean out the USB end of your magnetic charging cable with an anti-static brush.
How Long Does Apple Watch Take To Turn On?
It takes about 2 1/2 mins to start after it’s been turned on. It this normal? Yes, that is normal. During general daily use, it should not typically be necessary to turn your watch off and on again.
How Do I Start My Dead Apple Watch?
Force-restart the Apple Watch
If a normal restart doesn’t do the job, don’t despair. To force-restart your watch when it is unresponsive, press and hold the side button and the digital crown until the Apple logo appears (~10 seconds).
Is The Cellular On Apple Watch Supposed To Be Green?
The Cellular button turns green when you have a connection. The green bars show the signal strength. The Cellular button turns white when your cellular plan is active, but your watch is connected via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi to your iPhone.
Are Apple Watches Waterproof?
Your Apple Watch is water-resistant, but not waterproof. For example, you can wear and use your Apple Watch during activities such as exercise (exposure to sweat is OK), walking in rain and washing your hands.
In the above post, I’ve discussed how to know if my Apple Watch is charging. The easiest way to tell if your Apple Watch is charging plug the device into a charging station. Once the device connects to the charger, a green lightning bolt will appear on the screen. This symbol will let you know that your watch is charging. Unless your watch is in silent mode, it will also play a chime when the charging begins. Here, the red lightning bolt symbol indicates your device needs power. Once you figure out how to know if Apple Watch is charging, you can prevent the device from turning off.
Why is my Apple Watch plugged in but not charging